The terms “The User” and “User” are used interchangeably and refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing these services for any reason whatsoever.
The terms “we” and “Roll-It Africa” are used interchangeably and refer to Roll-It Africa itself and all individuals and/or entities acting directly on behalf of Roll-It Africa.
This policy shall commence upon activation of your account by Roll-It Africa. In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) and the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act (ECT Act as amended) we recognise the importance of protecting the personal information that you (“the User”) provide to us. Therefore will endeavour to follow this policy to respect your privacy.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION
2.1 Roll-It Africa collects information from Users at several different points. Upon acceptance of our Terms and Conditions you agree that Roll-It Africa is the sole owner of the information collected on Roll-It Africa‘s systems (“the Systems”). We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
2.2 Consent to collect information can be express (eg. signing an agreement) or implied (eg. if the User is given an opportunity to opt-out of a specific form of information sharing, but chooses not to do so, it implies that the User chooses to share this information with us).
2.3 Roll-It Africa processes personal information on web hosting servers that may not be in your country.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In the course of service provision to the User we may collect certain forms of information. The types of information that we may collect are detailed below:
• Information you provide – When you register for an account on Roll-It Africa we ask you for personal and company information (such as your name, email address and phone number). We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our service.
• Financial Information – In the course of providing a service to you, Roll-It Africa may ask for financial information (Bank account details). Such information will be treated with total confidentiality, and will be encrypted if stored on our systems, and will only be communicated across a secure link to any third party banks as required for transacting.
• Log Information – When you use Roll-It Africa, our server automatically records information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
• User communications – When you send email or other communication to Roll-It Africa, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
• Links – Roll-It Africa may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed and who followed them, either on the website or in electronic communications. We use this information to improve the quality of our service, customized content and advertising.
4. HOW THS INFORMATION IS USED
4.1 Roll-It Africa collects user information for the purposes described below:
• Providing a service to our users, including the display of customized content and advertising
• Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our service
• Ensuring the technical functioning of our equipment and resources
• Developing new services
5.1 Roll-It Africa may send the User service announcement updates on an infrequent basis. Users are not able to unsubscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about our service.
5.2 On occasion Roll-It Africa may email newsletters to provide the User with information that we think the User will find useful, including information about new products and services. We might also contact the User by email to see if the User is interested in participating in market research regarding Roll-It Africa. We may also contact the User by email to respond to customer-service complaints that the User has submitted, to address a problem affecting the User’s use of the service or to verify the User’s account information if the User submits a password request.
6. INFORMATION SHARING
6.1 Roll-It Africa may share aggregate demographic information with our advertisers or information collection companies but will not reveal any personally identifiable information in these instances. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes. We may also partner with third parties to provide specific services. When the User signs up for these services, we will share the information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
6.2 Roll-It Africa may share a User’s contact information with other registered Users for the purposes of resolving support queries relating to Roll-It Africa or the service provided to a User by another User. This contact information includes, but is not limited to, name, surname, email address and phone number. Typically, this would be providing a buyer’s contact details to a seller or vice versa, where Roll-It Africa has the necessary information to assist but cannot actually resolve a support query.
7. DATA INTEGRITY
8. INFORMATION SECURITY
8.1 We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. The servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment.
8.2 We restrict access to personal information to Roll-It Africa employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
9. ACQUISTION OR MERGER
10. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
10.2 Roll-It Africa is, however, under no obligation to inform the User of such changes when they happen, although it is assumed that any changes will be minor and will not fundamentally impact the User. Should the change be deemed by Roll-It Africa to be significant, we will endeavor to inform the User of these changes through whatever means we deem necessary (banner on home page, email notification etc.) in a timely manner.
11. CONTACT INFORMATION